My greatest blessings call me Mom

My greatest blessings call me Mom

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gratitude

I am grateful for healthy children. Sure, we get the occasional cold in my house but honestly, I have very healthy children. When the "bug" is going around we might catch it but it lingers for 3 days and is gone instead of the 2 weeks that seem to plague all my friends' children. So last night my best friend and neighbor called 911 because her extremely overactive, headstrong, strong-willed 3 year old was rolling around on the floor completely out of it and then lethargic and shaking. The day before he looked like he had a yucky nose with thick mucous. Yesterday he was having trouble breathing. She gave him his breathing treatments to no avail, took him to the doctor for them to give him some steroids and send him home. Only for him to get worse and worse and more unable to breathe. I about freaked out when I saw the cop show up. I had never, NEVER seen Sethman (that's what we call Seth) like that before and I have known him since the day he was born! I had never seen Kelsie so worried and frekaed out before either. It is such a desparate position to be in as a mom wanting to help your baby and nothing you do works. It's frustrating, infuriating, and devastating! Off we went to the hospital: 5 hours, one 1hr breathing treatment, chest X-rays, and IV antibiotics and we were finally home at 12:30am with the diagnoses of para-bronchial pneumonia. WHAT??? He was fine 3 days ago! Seriously, he was fine. Him and Gabe and Zech were riding 4 wheelers in the front yard for about 2 hours that day! I just don't understand but know that I am extremely grateful that I do not have trials such as these. Sure mine come in other ways, but sick children is not one of them. Thank you Heavenly Father! Thank you Dr. Schultze! Yes, I give my kids one multi vitamin, a green vitamin, and a B-complex everyday. In cold and flu season I also give them Dr Schultze's Children's echinacea everyday. So far, so good. We eat like normal unhealthy Americans. I just try hard to follow the word of wisdom and use vitamins and herbs to keep their immune systems up. So far it has worked. However, I have found that there is little if any rhyme or reason to why one child is prone to asthma and another is not. I just hope and pray for the best and am so grateful that my children right now are healthy and happy.

2 comments:

Cort said...

How is Seth Man doing? Did you ever receive the disc with pictures?

Cort said...

How is Seth Man doing? Did you ever receive the disc with pictures?