My greatest blessings call me Mom

My greatest blessings call me Mom

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day!

My sweetheart bought me the list book from BAM! What a surprise! We got the kids these cute M&M dispensers with Star Wars M&M guys on top (totally cute). I am lame because I did not take any pictures but since I don't have a decent camera-I can blame it on that. The only camera I have right now is my phone so facebook has WAY more pics than my blog does :( Anyways, I cut out hearts and taped them all over the walls and chairs and got a Valentine's table cloth from Target and the kids just thought that was super awesome. It's amazing how much fun things become just by changing the look of your environment. I mean, they got M&M's for V-day. That's it! But they felt like they were transported into Valentine's Day and they were happy! And so was I!

So here's today's list: (Idea taken from my new book)

List Bad Things You Did As A Kid
  1. Egged my neighbor's mailboxes and front porches on my 9th (or 10th) birthday party. It was really stupid to do it to your own neighbors! I had to apologize and clean it up.
  2. TPed houses ----A LOT!!! I used to TP houses every weekend. I would spend the night at my friend Anna's house and my brother would spend the night with her brother Mark and we would all sneak out at midnight and TP houses in their neighborhood. We never got caught!!!
  3. Went to parties I shouldn't have and lied about it. Oh my gosh, I can't even count how many times!
  4. Broke into houses under construction with my BF Morgan and played "house"
  5. Drove her Mom's car to the grocery store when we were only 15. We got caught because we ran into a car! Oops!
  6. Spray painted her closet with graffiti.
  7. Hazed freshman when I was a Junior and Senior on dance team.
  8. Went out on dates with boys before I was "allowed" to. 
  9. Lied about where I was going and what I was going to do.
  10. Stayed on the phone all night long. 
Yep, I lied a lot. But I never did drugs, smoked, drank, stole anything, or destroyed anyone's property. (toilet paper can be cleaned up) I wanted to write this list so I can remember that I did bad things as a kid and turned out OK. I need to remember that so I can relate to my kids as well as keep them from getting into trouble. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our kids got a lollipop, some glow sticks and heart shaped (or bum shaped depending on your view, ha ha) sandwiches...and they were very happy!

I think it is important for our kids to know that we were not perfect as kids, nor are we perfect as parents.