My 4 and 2 year olds are crazy. C-R-A-Z-Y! A few months ago after bath time with the 2 crazies, I went into the boys' room (all 4 share a room) to get Elijah dressed. Ammon was butt naked peeing on the floor! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???", I yelled/gasped! He doesn't pee on the floor! He's 4-working on 5! He just looked up at me with his oh so gorgeous blue eyes and shrugged his shoulders. The expression was angelic. I asked him if he had an accident. He said yes! I made him get the cleaner out and a wash cloth and clean it up (then I cleaned it some more!) And then...every time I went into the room I smelled pee. I called my sweet friend who has a carpet cleaner to come over and attack that spot. She did. I STILL smelled pee! And then....I found out why.
Background: Elijah has decided he wants to be a big boy and wear underwear. He doesn't always make it to the bathroom though and with me packing, painting, and dealing with a fussy teething 10 month old, I am quite distracted and unmotivated to potty train. One day 2 weeks ago, I heard Eli and Ammon running into my room and giggling (also a bad sign) So, I walked into my bathroom to find my 2 year old peeing in the vent! PEEING IN THE VENT! Dawn, recognition, light bulbs, sirens, and a musical soundtrack exploded in my mind as I realized just why I could still smell pee in the boys' room and why Elijah thought it was cool and hilarious to pee in the vent! Ammon had peed down the vent in his bedroom! WHAT THE HECK??? Oh the joy of motherhood. I used to judge. I used to hear these crazy stories from my girlfriends and SIL's and I would wonder to myself, "Where were you?" "How did they get that permanent marker?" etc, etc. I formally apologize for my judgements. Karma is biting my butt with these 2, HARD! If they weren't so dang cute I'd pinch their heads off! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment